WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
- Asheville's Strive Not To Drive Week is May 15 - Friday, May 22. ‘Walking the Talk': Strive Not to Drive points out pedestrian dangers - Mountain Xpress
- Every year Land of Sky Regional Council holds an Ozone Kickoff event to let people know when ozone air quality forecasts begin, and the current state of air pollution in our region. This video is a news update featuring the speakers of this event, summarizing our current state of air quality in Western North. Full Ozone Kickoff Video
- Land of Sky Regional Council's Family Caregiver Support Program is now accepting applications for grants to provide consumer directed respite to caregivers in all Region B counties. Applications are due by 5 pm on Friday, June 5, 2015. For more information or questions, contact Carol McLimans. Contractor Responsibilities
- In honor of Older Americans Month, Land of Sky Regional Council will collect items for local congregate nutrition programs during the month of May: Marshall Senior Center has a food pantry which is low on non-perishable food items. Canned soup is the most requested item. WCCA Quebec Lunch Plus at Quebec Community Center needs bingo prizes. Paper towels, Kleenex, dish detergent, bar soap, and hard candy are popular prizes. Items can be dropped off at Marshall Senior Center/Madison County Department of Community Services, WCCA - Brevard, or Land of Sky Regional Council.
- The Area Agency on Aging's Family Caregiver Program has developed a new resource for caregivers in our region. The Caregiver Resources Directory provides information on adult day programs, support groups, in-home assistance agencies, and much more!
- The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is seeking input from community members across Appalachia as it develops a new Strategic Plan (2016-2020) to guide its economic and community development efforts in the Region in the coming years. They invite you to participate in ARC’s strategic planning process in one or both of two ways: attending a listening session and completing an online survey.
- As of April 1, 2015, Buncombe County contracted with Land of Sky Regional Council to provide the services of the Non-Emergency Medicaid Transportation call center. For assistance with Medicaid transportation, please call 828.552.5486. Announcement
- Beginning in 2012, Land of Sky Regional Council, ASAP, and UNC Asheville's National Environmental Modeling and Analysis Center (NEMAC) started working on a collaborative project to better understand what communities need to foster successful and sustainable local food system growth. Read more here.
- The Ombudsman Program is announcing the Just Press Play Project (formerly called Music and Memory). Just Press Play is working toward establishing individualized music in every long-term care facility in our area. Click here for more information, how you can help.
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved