WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
- Land of Sky Regional Council, is seeking a Finance Director. Click here for more details and how to apply.
- The Volunteer Services Department of Land of Sky Regional Council (LOSRC) collected more than 1050 toiletry items and bottles of hot sauce for North Carolina military personnel stationed oversees. The items will be put into holiday boxes and distributed through Operation North State, a nonprofit organization headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC. Click here for the complete article.
- GroWNC - Together We Create Our Future Plan will receive a 2014 North Carolina Marvin Collins Outstanding Planning Award in the Comprehensive Planning - Multijurisdictional or Regional category for the North Carolina Chapter of the AMerican Planning Association. The award recognizes highly effective and/or successful plans, projects, or ordinances implemented or adopted in the current or past five years.
- Land of Sky's photo by Carrie Turner has received first place in the category of Investing in Our Regional Economy in the 2014 NADO Photo Contest. Click here to view the winning photo, other winnering photos and the runners-up.
- Land of Sky Regional Council has received three NADO 2014 Innovation Awards for GroWNC, MLK Day of Service Project and Refresh - Making the Land of Sky Regional Council Brand.
- The August 2014 Aging and Volunteer Services Newsletter is now available. Click here to view.
- The Senior Companion Program is celebrating 40 years! Senior Companions are volunteers age 55 and over who make a difference by providing assistance and friendship to adults who have difficulty with daily living tasks. LOS has hosted the Senior Companion Program since 1985. A letter from the Director of Senior Corps. The 40 Anniversary Video.
- The Family Caregiver Support Program provides information, assistance, education, and respite for people caring for a frail older adult. We need to hear from family caregivers in order to provide services that meet their needs. If you are caring for an older person or have cared for one please take a few minutes to complete our Caregiver Needs Survey. For more details on the survey read the full Survey Announcement. (Download and save the survey before completing)
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved