WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
- Land of Sky Regional Council is seeking nominations for its Friend of the River Awards. The Awards will be presenting during the Land of Sky Regional Council’s Annual Banquet event on October 14th. Nomination Form
- The Draft 2015 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy is now available for public comment. Send comments to Erica Anderson by September 18, 2015.
- Land of Sky's Area Agency on Aging is accepting request for proposals for Evidence-based Health Promotion programming funds. Awards of up to $700 for the first half of fiscal year 2015/2016 will be offered to coordinate, promote and offer one or more of the approved evidence-based health promotion programs in Madison, Buncombe, Henderson and/or Transylvania counties. Click here for the application, complete listing of approved programs, and W9.
- Land of Sky is partnered with the Local Government Federal Credit Union is host a Shred and Protect event for Buncombe County residents at Land of Sky's Parking Lot on June 12 from 11 am - 2 p m. The event was a huge success, shredding 3,400 lbs!
- Mountain Area Local Workforce Development Area's Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Plan - Program Year 2015/16 - is now available for public comment.
- Asheville's Strive Not To Drive Week is May 15 - Friday, May 22. ‘Walking the Talk': Strive Not to Drive points out pedestrian dangers - Mountain Xpress
- Every year Land of Sky Regional Council holds an Ozone Kickoff event to let people know when ozone air quality forecasts begin, and the current state of air pollution in our region. This video is a news update featuring the speakers of this event, summarizing our current state of air quality in Western North. Full Ozone Kickoff Video
- In honor of Older Americans Month, Land of Sky Regional Council will collect items for local congregate nutrition programs during the month of May: Marshall Senior Center has a food pantry which is low on non-perishable food items. Canned soup is the most requested item. WCCA Quebec Lunch Plus at Quebec Community Center needs bingo prizes. Paper towels, Kleenex, dish detergent, bar soap, and hard candy are popular prizes. Items can be dropped off at Marshall Senior Center/Madison County Department of Community Services, WCCA - Brevard, or Land of Sky Regional Council.
- The Area Agency on Aging's Family Caregiver Program has developed a new resource for caregivers in our region. The Caregiver Resources Directory provides information on adult day programs, support groups, in-home assistance agencies, and much more!
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved