WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
SAVE THE DATE - On Thursday, June 15, 2017, the Area Agency on Aging's Ombudsman Program and Buncombe County Health & Human Services will be hosting the Buncombe County World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) Walk. The Walk will take place at Carrier Park from 5:30 - 7:30 pm. For more information contact Julia Gibson at 828.251.6622 or email@example.com.
- Holiday Collections Drive for Residents in Facilities - Land of Sky's Ombudsman Program, along with agencies, businesses, and volunteers collected, organized, wrapped, delivered gifts for 571 low income residents of Adult Care Homes in Buncombe and Madison counties! A special thank you to the following businesses and individuals outside the CAC Committee who contributed a great deal:
Agencies/Businesses: Buncombe County TRIAD, Blossman Gas, Woodfin YMCA of WNC, ElderLaw Carolina, Patla, Straus, Robinson and Moore, Moore Funeral Home at Forest Lawn, Hanger Hall School, Stone Creek Nursing Home, Vaya Health, Home Trust Bank, Hinds Feet Farm, Dave Steel Company, and Staff of the Area Agency on Aging and Land of Sky Regional Council
Individuals:, Luke Jennings, Bradley Jennings, Ryan Boblett , Len Capodice, Richard Sunshine, John Fisher, and Michael Dipaola
- Land of Sky Regional Council's Board of Delegates would like to welcome our new Affiliate Members: Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College and Mars Hill University.
- The 2016 - 2017 Henderson County Senior Services Directory is now available online.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Services (RSVP) Program has closed. For volunteer opportunties other than the Foster Grandparent Program or Senior Companion Program, contact Hands On Asheville Buncombe, Volunteer Transylvania, or 2-1-1. Thank you to all the volunteers that served under RSVP!
- Carol McLimans received the first annual Trail Blazer Award on Tuesday, March 1, 2016, at a luncheon ceremony at Land of Sky Regional Council. The award is given annually to a professional in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, or Transylvania Counties who is a pioneer and innovator in the field of aging and adult services. Full Press Release
The Mountain Coailition for Healthcare Decisions have produced a new PSA - Why Advance Care Planning is Important: Featuring Sharon West. View it here.
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved