WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
- Land of Sky Regional Council is seeking qualified individual for the position of Regional Planner with primary duties of environmental, infrastructure and land use planning. Duties may also include support of long-range land development plans, transportation planning, and water quality planning, as well as pedestrian and bicycle planning. Click here for more details and how to apply.
- Land of Sky Regional Council is celebrating our 50th Anniversary and would like to honor the occasion by launching the first regional Photo Contest! The contest is an opportunity for community members to highlight our region through images that capture the people and places that make Land of Sky a great place to live, work, and play!! Click here for more details and how to enter.
- NC Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) 2016 Emerging Opportunities Grant Program - The NC ARC Program Office, in partnership with the six Local Development Districts (LDD) located in western NC, will assist local governments and organizations in developing projects that will provide significant community and economic development opportunities for communities and the region. $20,000 - 50,000 over 12-18 month timeframe, examples are in the guidelines. Application Guidelines. Please contact Erica Anderson or Karen Kiehna for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, phone: (828)251-6622. Deadline June 30, 5:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Land of Sky Regional Council is seeking to hire a Transportation Call Center Bi-Lingual NEMT Specialist (Non-Emergency Medicaid Transportation). The primary purpose of this position is to provide non-emergency Medicaid transportation customer service/public assistance to Buncombe County customers in person or by phone. Click here for more details and how to apply.
- Land of Sky Regional Council's Board of Delegates would like to welcome our new Affiliate Members: Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College and Mars Hill University.
- The 2016 - 2017 Henderson County Senior Services Directory is now available online.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Services (RSVP) Program has closed. For volunteer opportunties other than the Foster Grandparent Program or Senior Companion Program, contact Hands On Asheville Buncombe, Volunteer Transylvania, or 2-1-1. Thank you to all the volunteers that served under RSVP!
- Carol McLimans received the first annual Trail Blazer Award on Tuesday, March 1, 2016, at a luncheon ceremony at Land of Sky Regional Council. The award is given annually to a professional in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, or Transylvania Counties who is a pioneer and innovator in the field of aging and adult services. Full Press Release
The Mountain Coailition for Healthcare Decisions have produced a new PSA - Why Advance Care Planning is Important: Featuring Sharon West. View it here.
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved