WELCOME TO LAND OF SKY REGIONAL COUNCIL
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Services (RSVP) Program has closed. For volunteer opportunties other than the Foster Grandparent Program or Senior Companion Program, contact Hands On Asheville Buncombe, Volunteer Transylvania, or 2-1-1. Thank you to all the volunteers that served under RSVP!
- The Mountain Area Workforce Development Board is seeking proposals for the operation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) NC Works Career Centers for Program Year 2016 located in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison and Transylvania Counties. Request for Proposal (RFP) packages will be available for distribution at a Bidders Conference to be held at 9:30 a.m., Monday, April 4, 2016 at the Land of Sky Regional Council. Click here for the full Notice of Solicitation, Mountain Area Policies and the RFP Package.
- The Mountain Area Workforce Development Board is seeking proposals for the replacement of signage at the Asheville NC Works Career Center located at 48 Grove Street in downtown Asheville, NC. Request for Proposal (RFP) packages will be available for distribution at a Bidders Conference to be held at 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at the Land of Sky Regional Council offices. Click here for the full Notice of Solicitation.
- Carol McLimans received the first annual Trail Blazer Award on Tuesday, March 1, 2016, at a luncheon ceremony at Land of Sky Regional Council. The award is given annually to a professional in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, or Transylvania Counties who is a pioneer and innovator in the field of aging and adult services. Full Press Release
- Coming Home: A Local Contact Agency (LCA) and Community Resource Eventwill be held at Land of Sky offices on April 21 from 9:30 am -2 pm. Click here for more information and how to register.
The Mountain Coailition for Healthcare Decisions have produced a new PSA - Why Advance Care Planning is Important: Featuring Sharon West. View it here.
The Buncombe County and the Aging Coordinating Consortium (ACC) is seeking proposals and funding applications from agencies and organizations to provide aging services in conjunction with the North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services’ Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) Program, as well as for supplemental funds provided by Buncombe County for aging services. The funding period is July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017. Click here for the full Public Notice.
- The Foster Grandparent Program celebrates it's 50th Anniversary.
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS
ALL EVENTS MEETINGS
Copyright © 2012 | Land of Sky Regional Council | All Rights Reserved